St. Andrew’s has an active youth ministry for young people from grades 6-12.
Youth in grades 6-8 are invited to attend our junior high group. We meet every two weeks for fun, study, food, and mission activities. Junior high youth meet on Sunday mornings to participate in the rotation Sunday school. Every month, we look at a new theme or story from the Bible, studying at it through the use of drama, computers, music, games, art, or cooking.
Our high school youth group meets most Sunday evenings for dinner and conversation. We enjoy a variety of activities, including different types of games, mission activities, interactive Bible study, movies, and just hangin’ out. We also ‘go out’ for special events each month. High school youth also gather on Sunday morning for Sunday school.
Throughout each year, St. Andrew’s youth participate in many of the great opportunities available for high school youth within The Presbyterian Church in Canada:
- Youth Services in the Presbytery of Brampton
- Youth in Mission, St. Andrew’s young people participate individually and as teams in mission across Canada and around the world (Habitat for Humanity, Winnipeg Inner City Missions)
- The Presbyterian Young People’s Society (PYPS)
There are three yearly retreats for young people within our Synod of Central, Northeastern Ontario and Bermuda.
- Cairn Camp, near Huntsville, OntarioYouth may attend as campers, volunteer as LITs (Leaders In Training) and work for pay as camp counselors.
- National Presbyterian Youth Conference
Canada Youth 2016 is our national Presbyterian youth conference on July 5-10, 2016.
High School Youth meet every Sunday (except holidays) from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the church for dinner and an activity.