Congratulations, we wish you well as you begin your journey into married life.
Christians believe that marriage is a gift from God. In the marriage ceremony, a couple make a public declaration of lifelong commitment to love each other, come what may. We believe God intends loving relationships to be faithful, responsible, healing and sustaining of the couple and those around them. You will probably invest a lot of time planning your wedding. The day is important, but your marriage should last for the rest of your life.
We, at St. Andrew’s, celebrate with you as you plan your commitment to one another at our church. For those of us at St. Andrew’s who will be working with you, it is always an incredible privilege to perform a marriage ceremony. We get to be part of one of the most significant days in people’s lives and share in the hopes of their new lifetime partnership. It is a joy to get to know each couple, as well as their families and friends. A wedding should be joy-filled and a participatory experience for all attending, so that each person attending leaves with their own relationship renewed.
We appreciate the opportunity to offer guidance, yet be flexible, open and adventurous with a couples’ crafting of the ceremony. It is all significant because God is present and invites us to the party of community, relationships and above all, love!
- Fee for use of Sanctuary is $300
- Minister’s fee is $300
- Organist’s fee is $250
- Church officer’s fee is $100. If you plan to have a visiting minister conduct the ceremony, the fee for the church officer will increase to $150.
- Administration fee is $100
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required when booking a wedding. The balance is due 90 days before the wedding.
- Contact the church office to make arrangements: 905-451-1723, ext 0.
- You must obtain a marriage license in advance of the wedding rehearsal. Any city hall or civic office will issue a license, which is valid for a period of three months. In Brampton, City Hall is located at 2 Wellington Street West.
Meeting with the Minister
- The minister will arrange a meeting with you to discuss the details of the ceremony. This meeting will take approximately one hour.
- If you plan to have flowers in the Sanctuary, it is your responsibility to provide them.
- You should arrange to have flowers delivered through the parking lot entrance to the church, a minimum of two hours prior to the ceremony.
- Special decorating arrangements should be made by contacting the church officer, Mr. Henry Ettinger. The church office will supply his cell number if required.
- To select music for the church organist to play at your wedding, please contact the church office to pick up the wedding music CD. Please use the form provided with the CD to indicate your choices. You should return the CD and the completed form to the church office a minimum of two weeks prior to your wedding. We require a refundable deposit of $20 for this CD.
- If you plan to have a soloist and will require the church organist to play accompaniment, an additional fee of $50 will be charged to cover rehearsal and the ceremony.If you do not plan to have the church organist play at your wedding you must indicate this at the time of booking.
- If you do not indicate, or subsequently cancel the church organist with less than three months notice, you will still be charged the organist’s fee of $200. If you make your own special arrangements for music, there will be no music fee. You will be permitted to use the piano in the Sanctuary.
- Please note that only the church organist may play the organ.
- We invite you to take photographs of the bride entering the church, of the bride and groom signing the register, and of the bride and groom leaving the church
- If you plan to have the ceremony videorecorded, it must be done from the balcony.
- During the ceremony, a professional photographer may take pictures, without the use of a flash, from the back of the church or from the balcony
- Please note that flash pictures are not permitted during the wedding ceremony.
- The minister will contact you directly to arrange your rehearsal date and time.
- All those taking part in the ceremony should be present for the rehearsal. This usually includes the bride and groom, maid/matron of honour, best man, bridesmaids, ushers, flower girl, ring bearer and the parents of the bride and groom. Please arrange a rehearsal time that will be the most suitable for your entire party.
- Please be on time. Rehearsals begin on schedule.
- No confetti may be thrown in the church or outside on the church property.
- Parking is limited in the church parking lot. Additional parking is available at the Church Street lot just east of St. Andrew’s, on the south side of Church Street, opposite Ken Whillans Drive.
- An attended, chauffeur-driven limo may be parked on Church Street in front of the church during the service.
- No other parking is permitted on Church Street.
For more information (including officiant availability and fees), please phone the church office at 905-451-1723, or fill in our request form.